Aluminum profiles, also called LED bars or LED profiles, are an ideal and often even necessary addition to your LED installation.
- They are made of anodized aluminum that dissipates the heat loss of the LEDs and thus ensures a long service life of the LEDs.
- Covers (transparent or milky opal) are available for all profiles to protect the LEDs. This also allows the installation to be wiped clean.
- If the LED installation is in the visible area, it is visually enhanced by a profile. You get an elegant, slim LED luminaire.
- Surface-mounted profiles in U-shape for mounting on suspensions, coving, furniture, etc.
- Insert profiles for mounting in (milled) grooves or between 2 panels
- Angle or corner profiles for slanting the LED strips
- Drywall profiles for mounting on or in plasterboard, etc.
- Tile profiles for mounting LED strips on or in tile mirrors
Hint:Make sure that the width of the aluminum profile fits the selected LED strip. For example, there are aluminum profiles that can only accommodate strips up to 10mm wide. Wider strips, such as RGBW LED strips with 12mm band can not be installed in these narrow profiles. In this case, choose a profile with a larger width. A milky opal cover diffuses the light of the LEDs so that you notice individual LED dots less or not at all. However, the milky opal cover also swallows some light. Calculate with 30-50% light loss. Alternatively, you can choose a transparent cover for many aluminum profiles. This swallows little light (max. 10%) and still offers effective protection, e.g. when wiping the LED installation. With indirect lighting, the light of the individual LEDs usually mixes after 5cm at the latest. Therefore, a transparent cover is usually sufficient here for a uniform light impression without LED hotspots.
Topic: LED stripsAlthough there are also rigid LED strips on PCB carrier material, LED strips are usually understood as aluminum profiles with LEDs. You can easily make this kind of LED lighting yourself with the aluminum profiles available here and an individually selected LED strip All our LED strips have a 3M adhesive tape on the back and can thus be mounted precisely in the aluminum profiles. This way you get LED strips that exactly fit your needs and have a much wider choice in terms of hue, brightness or even functions, such as adjustable color and color temperature.